Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Unpacking

It's just as laborious as packing. In fact, one could even argue that it's more laborious given that you have to set everything up and find a new home for it all. We moved from 2500 sq feet into approx 1600 sq feet and I am realizing that I should have done a better job of getting rid of stuff on the Alaskan end. How ridiculous it is that I should have so much junk! I think my clothing reproduced in shipment (nothing better to do for 6 weeks) as I have a bigger closet and my hubby has his own now and we still can't fit it all.
My kitchen is smaller and the cabinets here are designed poorly. I have tall skinny cabinets that hold basically one or two glasses at the most. Okay, I just looked up and saw that there are six plastic wine glasses on one shelf, but what about the margarita glasses? The coffee mugs? Nowhere for the plates to go but I do have a counter. We won't even discuss my "sewing room" which is really the eat in dining area. All I can say is that I will be in this process for some time. I think I will take my sewing machine in for cleaning now as it will probably be done before I get everything unpacked anyway.
How long before he retires?????

No comments:

blah blah blah