Monday, June 16, 2008

First Steps


Okay - so I needed a new washer and dryer because mine crapped out in Alaska and we left them there. I have wanted a front load washer for a while and I had been researching which ones were the best in energy efficiency and reduced water usage. It was a toss up between 3 sets and we decided to go with this lovely set because the price was right, the energy efficiency ratings were excellent and the reputation of Maytag itself.
We got them on sale at Lowe's and the delivery was free. The energy cost for the year, estimated doing 8 loads of laundry a week, is $18 for the dryer and $27 for the washer. I figure it will be a bit more given all the fabric I need to wash from my stash. Maytag has an excellent reputation for durability and function. They look great too! My sister-in-law, Tracey, has an old set in her basement, probably at least 30 years old, and she says she can't kill it.

1 comment:

Bradie Sparrow said...

I am so jealous! It seems funny to call a washer and dryer pretty, but I really do think they are! LOL
Bradie

blah blah blah